By 2020, one fifth of the population is projected to have some form of disability. The EU and its Member States are committed to improving the social situation of people with disabilities, building on the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights and the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU.
The overall aim of the project is to overcome the crisis of isolation of young people with SEN imposed by the pandemic, by means of a program developed using the ePortfolio method to implement basic and specialized activities in a special school.
Inclusion of groups with SEN in education and social life is a global challenge. Due to the problems caused by pandemic isolation, these groups had severe educational limitations. At the global level, there was a lack of adequate distance learning programs for students with disabilities. Therefore, solving these problems must take place at the international level, using the experience of schools, social integration and rehabilitation centers, testing and implementing innovative IT tools.
It is imperative that best practice research is conducted at a global level to pool our expertise at European level and to introduce an innovative approach to training people with disabilities.
The project concerns the support of teachers, students and their environments in the implementation of educational, educational and rehabilitation goals with the use of digital tools in special schools for students with moderate and severe intellectual disabilities.
The project planned by us assumes comprehensive solutions in this area. Social inclusion is a problem that concerns the discussed group not only in times of a pandemic and, therefore, counteracting exclusion, i.e. activities aimed at shaping their competences for independent and independent living, are included in the core curricula of special schools not only in Poland, and also formulated as goals in activities of NGOs across the EU.
- Determine the level of use of digital learning tools by analyzing practices in partner countries. Study on policies for mainstreaming pupil integration with SEN and policies on inclusive education and social integration
- Identify educators' needs for additional training in working with pupils with SEN and the needs of groups with SEN to participate in society, through group interviews and surveys.
- Composing trainings for teachers on the educational platform
- Creating an e-book for students and parents, containing instructions and rules of conduct and safety in the Internet environment, and interactive online modules: personal relationships - respect and tolerance, independent life, problem solving and citizenship. Electronic teacher's handbook containing educational programs for developing competences related to independent living, work, relationship life and being a citizen in the local community and in your own country, and others.
- Support pandemic recovery and isolation and develop a social inclusion program for groups with SEN and implement IT-supported educational programs
- The project will use the experience of youth organizations in the field of non-formal education to intensify activities and build a European sense of belonging. We envisage cross-sectoral cooperation with youth organizations, educational institutions, social integration and rehabilitation centers as well as organizations working with groups of SPE and people accommodated in homes for independent living.